Product Development Project Manager
Product Development Project Manager
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
DESCRIPTION: Work directly with product development, sales, marketing, and customer contacts to determine the design requirements for new containers in the foodservice market
- Travel to Pactiv locations and customer locations for on-site project related events
- Organize, research and lead brainstorm events around unique customer problems
- Interact with sales and customer contacts to define product requirements, specifications and functional requirements.
- Develop cost models on all platforms for pricing
- Maintain and update developmental project list.
- Data mine for industry related information and form an understanding of our customer's brands and food packaging needs.
- Relate new ideas via group presentations (PowerPoint) and written communication (email)
- Develop 3-dimensional CAD models using Pro Engineer software with exacting dimensions and fully functioning features (locks, hinges, etc.)
- Develop 2-dimensional product drawings that clearly communicate design intent
- Analyze solid models to evaluate functional performance using finite element analysis
- Prepare CAD models for translation to stereo lithography, fuse deposition modeling, and CAM processes
- Interact with tooling and manufacturing groups to revise and prepare designs for prototyping and commercialization
- Coordinate prototyping activities and lab related trials on new food packaging
- Travel to Pactiv manufacturing locations to support commercialization activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) preferred, in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design with 4 to 10 years related experience.
- Demonstrated excellence and speed in CAD design and solid modeling (Pro-Engineer) and Analytical Software (Ansys, Nastran, Abaqus)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Passionate about the end user experience, with an eye and hand for leading edge/emotionally compelling design
- Ability to consistently earn and maintain the trust of clients and collaborators
- Able to bring vitality to group innovation process
- Comfortable with a large corporate environment and structure
- Driven to achieve great results throughout the development process
- Ability to work very effectively with limited direction on multiple high priority programs
- Mockup and quick prototype skills
- Manufacturing and design for manufacturing knowledge specifically for thermoforming and injection molding
- Understanding of tooling and machining practices for thermoform and injection molds
- Interdisciplinary team experience
- Project team management experience
- Ability to understand big picture and customer related business issues
- Ability to visualize and effectively communicate research results
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-TM1”IND1P” #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top