Procurement Manager - CAPEX
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The Procurement Manager-CAPEX reports to the Sr. Manager of Procurement for Indirect and is responsible for all sourcing, management and compliance for Capital Automation. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategies across the CapEx category that will support all facilities for Pactiv. There will be a strong emphasis on automation for this role as Pactiv looks to increase its level of automation across the network. This individual will also provide oversight, leadership, and guidance to the facilities as well as the Engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop category strategies for all of the Automation spend for Pactiv and collaborate with other business partners for additional incremental savings opportunities
- Manage supplier selection and negotiation process
- Manage all Automation spend across manufacturing, operations and distribution.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate driven category strategies for Automation
- Develop KPI’s for the category to ensure optimization of the category strategies
- Manage costs, track savings, and report out this data to Sr. Management
- Contract management, including developing, execution and compliance to the contract
- Develop Standard Work
- Create training manuals to assist plant and corporate buyers with onboarding activities
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders across the business
- Build contingency plans for suppliers and facilities to ensure continuity of supply
- Identify and manage any risks across the Automation platform
- Acts as business partner to Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and provides expert Sourcing insights, recommendations and guidance.
- Constructively challenges Engineering and Manufacturing Plant Operations in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities.
- Identifies and drives strategic sourcing projects together with other sourcing projects/tasks.
- Carries end-to-end responsibility for the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with Engineering and Plant Operations.
- Directly solves operational issues with the suppliers
- Manage supplier’s relationships, track performance and provide supplier performance feedback
- Develops systems and process roadmaps to optimize performance of CapEx Sourcing and Vendor audits and the Compliance Audit System
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in managing $50 million spend in the CapEx category.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to prioritize and organize teams effectively
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel 25%
Proven understanding of CapEx Strategic Sourcing concepts; e.g. theoretical insight combined with a record of accomplishment of strategic sourcing and Category Management; Spend Analysis; Market Analysis, Procurement Strategy Definition, Execution of RFx, Supplier Selection and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing CapEx categories with an annual spend of $50 Million and multiple locations. Strong analytical background required with excellent organizational and multitasking skills are required, as is the ability to lead and direct the work of other team members. Demonstrated ability to present to leadership within the organization and provide direction and results.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P” #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top