Process Technician/Thermoforming Converting- PLC
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Supply technical assistance to facility in order to maintain and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Calibrates tests, sets up, and repairs various controls, instruments, and gauges measuring all types in variables.
- These may include heat, light, voltage, amperage, weight, vacuum, magnetic resistance, or various content measurements.
- May disassemble instruments and examine various components for problems.
- Understand and use Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) to diagnose/troubleshoot
- Use statistical documentation of results, new findings, conclusions, and recommendations on process and projects to engineering leaders
- Identify and recommend safety, process/product improvement opportunities including evaluating equipment not performing to standard speed, cost reduction opportunities in all assigned areas and processes based on experience and observations
- Implement new or revised operating processes or procedures in all areas including changing SOP’s, safety procedures, etc.
- Understand quality checks for any process according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Facilitates teamwork
- Possess a positive professional attitude
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- AAS or trade school diploma in mechanical or electrical highly preferred
- 5+ years technical manufacturing exp.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be proficient in computer applications and possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law Poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]m. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Back to top