This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to the plant through effective implementation and control of the Phase 4 process which is the continuous improvement process of operational equipment efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Provides hands-on technical support (troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications) for process and equipment issues in a large and complex 24/7 injection molding manufacturing operation. Duties also include; supporting production, safety, quality, new product trials, mold changes, process/equipment reliability and performance, cost, and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for the control of processes, which includes, but not limited to; tracking, reporting, training and implementation of the Phase 4 process.
- Reports to the Process Engineer and routinely interacts on a professional level with hourly operations and maintenance resources across all shifts. Occasionally provides instructions and direction to mold technicians.
- Helps to create and maintain accurate engineering, maintenance, process, and product specification related documentation.
- Monitors and records effects of OEE and Processes. Responsible for documenting machine improvements and reporting issues, monitoring processes daily using standard work documents.
- Support Engineering with tooling, and or process related issues by assisting parts/tooling to various vendors.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts (5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance) and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Attend all necessary Tier 2 and appropriate meetings.
- Read and interpret dial calipers, micrometers, temperature indicators/probes, scales etc.
- Perform all other assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years maintenance related experience in continuous manufacturing required (plastic injection molding knowledge preferred).
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and vacuum systems. Electrical and/or controls experience preferred.
- Openness / willingness to learn new skills & concepts.
- Must have own tools and be able to utilize them in a safe and effective manner.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to effectively develop and / or train employees across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team based environment.
- Willingness and ability to provide “on call as needed” technical support, which will include off-hours and weekends as required.
- Fork Lift and Scissor Lift experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of basic PC literacy including MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. SAP experience preferred.
- Must possess Valid PA Driver’s License.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Back to top