This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Provides hands-on technical support (troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications) for process and equipment issues in a large and complex 24/7 thermoforming manufacturing operation. Duties may also include supporting safety, quality, schedule compliance, new product development, process/equipment reliability and performance, cost, and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Typically reports to a process engineer and routinely interacts on a professional level with hourly operations and maintenance resources across three fixed shifts.
- Performs planned mechanical and electrical maintenance on all thermoforming production, ancillary, and tooling equipment to ensure industry best overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Includes supporting predictive, preventative, and autonomous maintenance programs that are integrated into the plant’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Helps to create and maintain accurate engineering, maintenance, process, and product specification related documentation.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts (5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance) and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 5+ years maintenance related experience in continuous manufacturing required (plastic thermoforming preferred).
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and vacuum systems. Electrical and/or controls experience preferred.
- Openness / willingness to learn new skills & concepts.
- Must have own tools and be able to utilize them in a safe and effective manner.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to effectively develop and / or train employees across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team based environment.
- Willingness and ability to provide “on call as needed” technical support, which will include off-hours and weekends as required.
- Powered factory vehicle (lift trucks, walk behinds, etc) experience preferred.
- Must possess basic PC literacy including MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. SAP experience preferred.
Job Physical Demands:
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, carrying, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Work for extended periods of time in an unconditioned manufacturing environment that may be loud, humid, hot, cold, and/or dusty.
- May be required to work at heights above 15 feet and within tight areas.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following "EEO is The Law" poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. To view the "EEO is The Law" poster supplement: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. To view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf. Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email [email protected] . Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. "IND1P" #CB1
Back to top