Process Equipment Engineer
- Conyers, GA
Process Equipment Engineer
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented several safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Responsible for the continued development and improvement of the Foam Thermoforming manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with management, technicians, and operators to continually improve manufacturing processes (Decrease cycle times/optimize production, maximize throughput rate, increase product quality, and minimize scrap) and troubleshooting processing problems.
- Create and maintain accurate engineering/process documentation such as line conditions, PLC programs, HMI programs, etc.
- Establish set-up and processing parameters based on material and/or machine capabilities.
- Develop procedures to ensure consistent processing of product on all shifts.
- Monitor and review daily production efficiencies with Production Manager on machine/process to ensure consistent processing.
- A working knowledge of capital expenditures and accurate documentation of the process.
- Directly supervise several Technicians and Electricians
- Direct involvement with process improvement, equipment repairs, upgrades & installation projects as needed.
- Provide off-hour technical support as required.
- BS preferred, in mechanical, electrical or controls engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ previous management experience preferred.
- Technical, mechanical, electrical knowledge and troubleshooting of the foam thermoforming machines a plus. (will consider transferrable skills from a similar industry)
- Experienced in programming automation equipment specifically for the thermoforming industry desired.
- Working knowledge of production and safety procedures used in the production process.
- Working knowledge of the foam thermoforming process and tooling would be advantageous.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially in writing reports and maintaining documentation.
- Solid mathematical skills and numerical accuracy.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel/Access/Word/Outlook.
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in effectively participating as a member of improvement teams.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Back to top