Process Engineer - plastics manufacturing
- La Mirada, CA
Process Engineer – plastics manufacturing
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Limited.
- Supports all aspects of the plant’s APET, Extrusion and Thermoforming Manufacturing Technology with a goal of improving profitability and overall team’s skills.
- Manage daily changeovers ensuring successful mold and trim tooling set up, equipment readiness, and set plan for startup of the line.
- Will manage a team of 20+ from the mold shop, process, and labelling automation.
- Manage all tooling that flows through the facility ensuring the inventory is accurate, repairs managed and coordinated through internal and external support channels.
- Work directly with all departments to troubleshoot open issues with production on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the quality team to provide responses to customer complaints and coordinate long-term corrective actions.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical equipment and process issues and provides technical leadership.
- Develops, writes, implements, submits and/or presents various technical reports and training materials and safety initiatives
- Work closely with corporate engineering on all new items for the plant, ensuring successful start to finish of trials.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management including disciplinary actions, employee development for direct reports.
- BA/BS in Engineering with typically 4+ years of applicable experience preferred, but not required, or 8+ years Plastics Process experience.
- Thermoforming and extrusion manufacturing process experience. Will consider blow or injection molding.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- CAD/Solid works / SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Recognized as a technical leader and key resource.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Back to top