Process Engineer - Extrusion
Plastics (Extrusion) Engineer
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Provide extrusion equipment related engineering support and partner with Operations to maintain and continuously improve all aspects of a large and complex 24/7 plastic extrusion and thermoforming manufacturing operation. This includes safety, quality, schedule compliance, new product development, process/equipment reliability and performance (OEE), cost, and productivity.
- Effectively utilizes reliability and process engineering techniques to optimize safety, quality, cost, and overall equipment effectiveness. Includes Preventative Maintenance (PM) for extrusion equipment, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), root cause analysis, and process failure mode analysis. Develops, plans, and implements improvements based on analytical methods.
- Develops/manages a robust PM program for all extrusion and thermoforming production lines, ancillary equipment, and material conveying & dust collection systems. Includes predictive, preventative, and autonomous maintenance programs.
- Creates and maintains accurate engineering, maintenance, process, and product specification related documentation.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Develops, scopes, and implements/manages cost reduction and capital projects while maintaining expense accounts within a given budget.
- Communicates with supervisors and operators on procedures or corrective actions on processes. Interacts and works with all levels of Plant personnel and value stream management.
- Evaluates production and processes, initiate corrective action to meet current plant goals.
- Troubleshoots complex/critical processes or equipment and provides technical leadership and training to resolve those issues.
- Manage projects and assignments that are non-routine and require initiative and judgment.
- Develops process methods and controls to meet quality standards.
- Reviews product specifications with product development to determine compatibility of processing methods and to determine costs and execute the plan.
- Trains operations personnel on process related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering required.
- 3+ years of experience working with process equipment (preferably continuous feed extrusion, pumps, hi pressure systems, controls, etc.), or 3+ years of engineering work experience in the plastics industry required.
- Preferred to have 1-2 years’ experience in a LEAN Manufacturing environment.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required. Demonstrated application of standard concepts, practices and procedures within particular engineering field.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, molded-fiber packaging, paper cups and cartons. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #LI-TM1"
Back to top