Extrusion Process Engineer - Bakersfield
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Provides extrusion related engineering support and partners with Operations and RDE to maintain and continuously improve all aspects of a large and complex 24/7 plastic extrusion and thermoforming manufacturing operation. Includes: New product development, process/equipment reliability and performance (OEE), cost and productivity.
- Adheres to safety, quality, and scheduling compliance.
- Typically supervises 2-3 salaried technician and coordinates the activities of hourly maintenance resources across three shifts.
- Effectively utilizes reliability engineering techniques to optimize safety, quality, cost and overall equipment effectiveness. Includes: Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), Root Cause Analysis and Process Failure Mode Analysis. Develops plans and implements improvements based on analytical methods.
- Develops/manages a robust TPM program for all extrusion production lines, ancillary equipment and material conveying and dust collection systems. Includes predictive, preventative and autonomous maintenance programs that are integrated into the plant’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Creates and maintains accurate engineering, maintenance, process and product specification related documentation.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Develops, scopes and implements/manages cost reduction and maintenance of business capital projects.
- BS in Engineering or closely related field with 5+ years of plastic extrusion process engineering or related experience in continuous manufacturing required.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues involving equipment, process, tooling and operations required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required, electrical and control preferred.
- Work experience in a lean manufacturing environment with a demonstrated history of leading problem solving activities preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to provide and manage “on call as needed” technical support, which may include off-hours and weekends as required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1”IND1P” #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top