This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION – This position performs order changes at the printer, and ensures product quality through accurate print and label set ups before each order run. This position also ensures quality by monitoring and adjusting line operations. Additionally, there is responsibility for working with a team of associates assisting them in their process duties.
- Follows all documented safety, quality, and production procedures for the Printer Setup Mechanic position to include all JSAs for the Printer and Wrapper.
- Performs order changes and verifies two consecutive cartons per required criteria to look for: under/over bite; wide/pinched sides; cut outs/malformations; stiff flap/hinges; scuffing; dirty molds; lock button formation; excessive flashing/fuzz (edge, lock holes, windows); denesting lug formation; scorch; tint verification; smoothness of lid; score marks present; print (matches visual), UPC label application, bundle label accuracy; proper stacking of product on pallets, carton weight; and general carton aesthetics.
- Verify bundle labels, UPC labels, and coupons for accuracy with the order.
- Remove all unacceptable cartons from the run-out stacker before releasing the printer back to the operator after a plate change.
- Demonstrates proper use of tools (ink spatulas, rags, brushes, wrenches, etc.).
- Ensures excellent housekeeping standards to maintain a safe work area.
- Ensures a smooth transition at shift change.
- Immediately addresses safety issues or hazards.
- Maintains solid, proactive communication with operators and plant supervision.
- Maintains excellent safety and attendance record.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential job duties: stand approximately 10 hours per shift, lift up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis, and work in a hot/cold environment.
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule.
- Must not be on Step 2 discipline
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top