Print Operator Trainee
- Huntersville, NC
Print Operator Trainee
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
**Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Night Shift 7pm-7am
The primary responsibility of the Printing Operator position is for the safe setup and operation of all phases of the
printing operation. This includes: installation/removal of printing plates, mandrels and related equipment,
registration of print images and the ability to get new print set ups running at an acceptable quality and rate. Minor
repairs, process troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks are also a requirement of the printing operator
position. Additional responsibilities include: directing packers assigned to the operator’s lines, related paperwork,
quality inspections of product, break relief of all other positions in the department, general housekeeping of the
work area and equipment, working in a safe manner and any other duties assigned by department leaders and
SPECIFIC SKILLS& EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must have an outstanding work record. Position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 2+ years printing experience or working on production equipment where the individual made machine adjustments. Demonstrated problem solving and mechanical skills are also required. Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform all printer and packer functions required for trainee level.
- Set-up, changeover, trouble-shoot and operate printing equipment as well as all auxiliary equipment from conversion with minimal assistance.
- Run equipment at the required rates to ensure maximum production efficiency.
- Must be able to inspect product being manufactured to ensure the various visual quality parameters of the product produced are within acceptable limits, making adjustments as needed and monitor forming quality as well as print quality.
- Must understand how to correctly fill out production reports and all production related paperwork.
- Must perform routine start-up and shut down procedures and change packing materials from one product to another.
- Must be able to salvage and re-pack product that is either damaged or otherwise does not meet quality requirements.
- Must be able to keep different material types separated. Must understand the difference between the various materials in the plant.
- Must do general housekeeping of manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure safe, efficient and contamination free work area and equipment is maintained. This includes sweeping and mopping of the production area, wiping down the machines and removal and disposal of waste and rubbish
- Must be willing to work anywhere within the plant as needed and as requirements demand.
- Must be willing to work overtime with little or no advanced warning.
- Must perform other tasks within the plant as assigned by the supervisor or group leader.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top