- Kinston, NC
Starting wage up to $24.94
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Reads and understands job jacket. Uses information to ensure production is run according to specification.
- Performs machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
- Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards (Color matches and Registration) are being met. Makes necessary adjustments to Press and other elements of the process as needed.
- Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem.
- Enters daily production data on PC located at Press and adjustments to press that are controlled by computer.
- Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
- Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
- Fills out all pre-make ready and approval sheets.
- Assist in training of new employees and directing the daily duties of subordinates.
- Makes sure correct inks are in place and are changed out when there is a copy change made on the Press.
- Stages rolls of paper at the back of the press using air activated roll pusher, manually pushing rolls into final position.
- Assist in removing finished rolls as needed.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision
- Basic Computer Skills ( Press controls, ink system)
- Basic understanding of Machinery (Hydraulics and Pneumatics).
- Ability to use hand tools to remove, install, and adjust parts of machine.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be detail oriented
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply S.W.I.S.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Required to stand to perform all duties of the job.
- Pushing/moving of raw material and equipment required. Weight range will be from 100 to 2000 lbs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top