Press Assistant Operator
- St. Charles, IL
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting wage up to $ 22.48 per hour.
Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Reads and understands job jacket to ensure production is run according to specification using Gravure technology.
- Performs machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
- Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards (Color matches and Registration) are being met. Makes necessary adjustments to Press and other elements of the process as needed.
- Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem.
- Enters daily production data on PC located at Press and adjustments to press that are controlled by computer.
- Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
- Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
- Fills out all pre-make ready and approval sheets.
- Assist in training of new employees and directing the daily duties of subordinates.
- Ensures correct inks are in place and are changed out when necessary.
- Stages rolls of paper at the back of the press using air activated roll pusher, manually pushing rolls into final position.
- Assist in removal of W.I.P pallets from press.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top