Predictive Maintenance Specialist
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
This position promotes Pactiv’s Total Productive Maintenance Best Practices throughout the facility. Provides processes and systems in the development, execution and analysis of proactive predictive maintenance (PdM) practices to improve equipment availability and reliability. Works closely with all plant personnel to train, perform and improve PdM practices on all machines, equipment, instrumentation, etc.
- Establish and continually improve a robust PdM program that includes vibration analysis, thermography, ultrasound and motor circuit evaluation for the facility
- Develop an oil analysis program and recommend corrections
- Train and promote lubrication excellence
- Ensure all critical equipment and utility systems have effective PdM programs in place
- Understand in depth electric circuitry, electronics and electromechanical concepts, both AC and DC
- Understand hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical concepts
- Interpret all levels of drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, specifications, etc.
- Obtain training and certification in the latest state of the art PdM techniques
- Supply technical assistance to constantly improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- Coordinate efforts between plant and corporate personnel to achieve proactive maintenance best practices
- Create and modify PdM procedures
- Provide PdM training to all levels of the organization
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned areas to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, and subject to be on-call
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Apprenticeship or equivalent training required
- Associates Degree in Maintenance or Industrial Technology preferred
- Minimum five years industrial maintenance experience
- Sound understanding of PdM techniques and PdM experience preferred
- Must have acceptable safety, attendance and work records
- No recordable accidents within the past 6 months
- No more than 5 absences (incidents) in the past 12 month rolling period
- No Step 2 Disciplinary Action in the past 12 months
- Ability to effectively train others in PdM practices
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft applications, Outlook, SAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and National Electric Codes
- Strong troubleshooting skills and logic to solve problems to root cause
- Knowledge and ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Proactive and self-motivated to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints and tight deadlines
- Able to lead and interact with other associates in a team oriented environment
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Possess or immediately purchase the required tools for the position (PdM specific test equipment supplied)
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top