Plant Production Manager - Stockton, CA
Plant Production Manager – Stockton, CA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The position is a Plant Production Manager who will work productively with an established unionized work force. Financial acumen for data analysis of trends and tendencies, tenacity in the performance of the tasks within the role, and continuous improvement (Lean Management) are part of the requirements for this position. The position is viewed as a stepping stone to becoming a Plant Manager within our organization.
- Provides leadership in the pursuit of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity goals (SQDCP).
- Leads the team for completion of safety awareness topics and works for the reduction of triggers for unsafe behaviors. Corrects safety related issues and leads investigations on safety related topics.
- Utilizes Plan, Do, Check and Adjust methodology for managing daily improvement (MDI).
- Capable of recognizing opportunities for improvement and generating a list of ideas for annual plant operational improvement.
- Utilizes lean methods (Kaizen) for process improvements and utilizes daily coaching for sustainment.
- Utilizes operational data to make informed decisions on a daily basis.
- Typically manages over 100 employees including: temps, hourly associates, supervisors and other managers.
- Ensures layered audits are completed as scheduled and implements countermeasures to safeguard goal attainment.
- Uses metrics for accountability to mark improvement or need for improvement.
- Effectively manages personal time for the completion of all assigned activities.
- Maintain effective workforce through hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Complete and maintain timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Provide feedback up and down the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree preferred, in Industrial Management, Engineering or Business.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Lean Methodologies or Continuous Process Improvement required.
- Experience with flexographic printing equipment is required. Platen and rotary die cutting experience is required. Forming operations experience is a plus.
- Must be results oriented with a high energy level for process and performance improvement; impatient with the status quo in the facility and willing to invest the time and effort necessary to facilitate changes.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods (FMEA, 5 WHY, Fishbone, A3) for root cause analysis problem solving and process improvement techniques (CAPA; corrective and preventive actions).
- Autonomous Maintenance and TPM experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite. SAP experience is a plus
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- Food packaging experience in a GFSI certified facility is a plus
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top