Plant HR Manager
Plant Human Resources Manager – Grottoes, VA
Are you an experienced Plant HR Manager with union experience? Are you looking for the next step in your career and want to work for a global market leader? Can you make your mark at the plant level as you prepare to grow your career to the next level? Come work in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley and thrive with Pactiv!
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Typically supports a group of 200+.
- Provide functional/operational human resources guidance through planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department in support of the assigned client group.
- Serve as functional resource for employee base, ensuring their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of client group in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvement.
- Plan, organize, and manage all activities of the HR Dept.
- Participate in the development and implementation of client group's goals, objectives and systems.
- Manage recruitment effort for all exempt, non-exempt, and hourly employees; monitor recruitment program; employee relations counseling; performance planning.
- Manage and maintain department records and reports.
- Actively participate in client group and HR projects and meetings.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- BA/BS degree preferred in Human Resources or related area.
- 5+ years of experience as an HR Generalist.
- Union experience preferred
- Experience with plant safety and training
- Industry/manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within org.
- SAP experience highly desirable.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top