Plant HR Generalist
PLANT HR GENERALIST
- Typically supports plant population of 150+.
- Provide HR support to plant population.
- Help employees resolve wide variety of issues.
- Coordinate the hiring of new employees and ensure employment decisions follow company policy and employment laws.
- Respond to employee questions and complaints regarding a wide variety of issues (FMLA, work schedules, transfers, promotions, benefits, safety, unfair treatment, performance, personal issues, pay, company policies).
- Advise Unit Managers and Supervisors to ensure consistent application of corrective action of company policies and standards of conduct.
- Coordinate with Unit Managers to determine hiring needs and ensure proper staffing.
- Conduct investigations.
- Assist with response to EEOC, DOL and unemployment claims.
- Communicates changes in HR related policies and benefit plans.
- BA/BS degree preferred, in HR or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resource position, preferably within a manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with employment laws including FMLA, ADA and COBRA.
- Exposure to benefit administration highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills (ability to learn SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) training skills, customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of comfort in conflict resolution situations is required.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top