- Hickory Hills, IL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and effectively operates Palletizer equipment to maintain equipment efficiency and produce quality product.
- Troubleshoots line for minor issues with minimal assistance. Capable of performing equipment downtime assessment and error recovery. Be able to recognize when to escalate to the Automation technician and provide the correct description of downtime event when a major downtime occurs.
- Capable to handle forklift (LTO) for loading pallets, slip sheet rack. Inspect pallets to assure they are in good condition.
- Monitor incoming product quality, assure that the cases meet the palletizer system requirements.
- Supervise and Support the packer in his duties when necessary.
- Maintain material for the stretch wrapper, palletizer, and function of the labelers.
- Review product that end up in the rework area and analyze reasons of rework. Perform rework recovery and bring product back in operations. If suspect product is coming from upstream, address this with upstream shift supervisor.
- Maintain run efficiencies for the line and product type. Assure that the palletizer hit production run rate and is capable to correct material and minor start-stop issues.
- Ensures quality of products online and completes all the necessary paperwork associated with running the line in a timely and accurate manner. Fill in hourly visual production board
- Capable to recognize upstream constraints or when the palletizer gets starved, address and fix these issues on upstream conveyor. Frequently review the camera system that monitor the upstream conveyor
- Communicates daily with shift management to target problem areas and devise action plans
- Provides relief to employees working online for breaks/lunches and assists other technicians as needed.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies.
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Ensures housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
SPECIFIC SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate should have 3+ years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the plastics industry.
- Must have basic Automation packaging experience and understand basic robot operations.
- Have experience with safety practices from working around robot processes
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical aptitude is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential
- Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as needed
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB2 "IND1P"
Back to top