Packer (Rotating Shifts)
- Stockton, CA
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Hire - $15.54
- 3 months - $17.53
- 6 months - $19.29
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Feeds unglued cartons into high speed gluing machines
- Packs sleeves of glued cartons into cases, may be required to bag sleeves or place in packing trays prior to cases
- Inspects cartons for defects. Notifies operator or supervisor if defects are found.
- Completes quality paperwork.
- Follows LOTO and alternative LOTO procedures.
- Keeps work area clean
- The feeder will feed a maximum of 21 lanes; if catching lines the feeder will feed 18 and catch 1.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Grade 10 or equivalent education; up to and including 3 months of related training or experience.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract 4 digit numbers.
- MECHANICAL SKILLS: Basic knowledge of machinery or process required. May be required to stop machine, shut off glue lines, clear jammed cartons.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, positively interact with coworkers and management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
- REASONING ABILITY: Job requires the use of established guidelines that are well defined or detailed with little or no choice of action. Must make decisions regarding product quality and acceptability.
- Rotating Shifts every Two weeks.
- Required to stand & walk continually.
- Constant lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently pushes cases of cartons weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Job requires high level of manual dexterity. Good hand-eye coordination is critical to produce high speed work.
- Constant repetitive movement of hands, fingers and wrists.
- Good color vision required to distinguish printed shades/colors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant noise levels above 85db.
- Dust from paper converting process constantly present
- Constant work around machinery and forklifts.
- Employee works in a common area shared with others with no division of space
- Steed toed footwear, safety glasses & hearing protection, hair nets & beard nets are required in manufacturing areas.
- May experience temperature extremes based on outside temperature.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top