- Cornwall, Canada
TO BE COMPLETED BY CORPORATE HUMAN RESOURCES
POSITION TITLE: Lid Line Packer
TITLE OF OVERSEER: Shift Team Lead
LOCATION: Summerstown Facility
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Concisely state the purpose and overall function of your position---the reason for your position.
To ensure the machine is in good repair and is safe to operate to manufacture the standard output in the required time and achieves our quality specifications.
DUTIES: In order of importance, describe the major tasks / responsibilities of your job. (Normally there should only be 5 to 10).
- Pack finish product in box according to the shop docket, push box through the taper, place on skid and prepare another box.
- Follow company policies and procedures, relating to safety, quality, good manufacturing practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place.
- Ensure the quality of production, if quality is poor draw issues to the Lead Operator and team lead.
- Ensure that the right quantity of sleeves are packed in the box, following the specs.
- Housekeeping, keep area clean and organized.
- Cleaning the work station at end/beginning of every job.
- Responsible for compliance with all aspects of GMP, food safety and quality initiatives.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Assume you were being promoted and you were required to select your replacement.. What minimum qualifications would you look for if you were selecting someone to replace you on this position?
- Manual Dexterity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detailed record keeping per the prescribed frequency.
- Hand/eye coordination.
- Knowledge of product quality standards
Describe any manual effort, visual / mental stress, or unpleasant work conditions to which you are exposed.
- Fast pace environment
- Heaving lifting may occur (maximum 50 pounds)
- Heat during summer months could occur
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Check the minimum level of education required to perform the work of this position at a normally acceptable level of performance.
Experience: What kind of experience, and how much previous experience is required to perform this job at an acceptable level of performance?
Kind of Experience: Manufacturing
Less than 6 months prior experience.
6 months to 1 year
1 to 2 years
3 to 5 years
6 to 10 years
11 or more years
Additional duties as specified by the Production Team Lead
SIGNATURE OF JOB HOLDER: _____________________________________________ DATE: _______________
SIGNATURE OF SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: ___________________________________DATE: _______________
Verification of Effectiveness of Training
At hiring and on an annual basis the employee is to be evaluated against the skill list below. Any deficiencies are to be trained about with refreshers. Evaluation can take the format over interview, review of paperwork or onsite of activities.
1– Can operate scale understands calibration policyCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
2– Understands quality procedure and can detect issuesCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
3 – Understands Dockets and can execute instructions Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
4 – Safely stop/start machine and/or stackerCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
5 –Checking product every box (quality)Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
6 – Understand the shop floor dockets, production sheet, hour by hour sheet and roll tag
Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
7 – Verification of product and supplies (boxes, bags, labels)Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
8 – Can properly complete paperworkcapable _____ Needs Refresher________
9 –How to use a jigCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
10 – How to do a roll change and/or thread the machineCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
11 – How the product goes into the boxCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
12 –How to tier the boxes onto the pallet Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
Note any deficiencies and follow up training below:
Completed by and date:_____________________________________________________________________
G:\Documents and Forms\Forms - HR\Job Descriptions\2019 with Verification of skills\Job description - Lid Line Packers.doc
Back to top