Packer (AM/PM/Night Shifts)
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Feeds unglued cartons into high speed gluing machines
- Packs sleeves of glued cartons into cases, may be required to bag sleeves or place in packing trays prior to cases
- Inspects cartons for defects. Notifies operator or supervisor if defects are found.
- Completes quality paperwork.
- Follows LOTO and alternative LOTO procedures.
- Keeps work area clean
- The feeder will feed a maximum of 21 lanes; if catching lines the feeder will feed 18 and catch 1.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Grade 10 or equivalent education; up to and including 3 months of related training or experience.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract 4 digit numbers.
- MECHANICAL SKILLS: Basic knowledge of machinery or process required. May be required to stop machine, shut off glue lines, clear jammed cartons.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, positively interact with coworkers and management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
- REASONING ABILITY: Job requires the use of established guidelines that are well defined or detailed with little or no choice of action. Must make decisions regarding product quality and acceptability.
- Required to stand & walk continually.
- Constant lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently pushes cases of cartons weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Job requires high level of manual dexterity. Good hand-eye coordination is critical to produce high speed work.
- Constant repetitive movement of hands, fingers and wrists.
- Good color vision required to distinguish printed shades/colors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant noise levels above 85db.
- Dust from paper converting process constantly present
- Constant work around machinery and forklifts.
- Employee works in a common area shared with others with no division of space
- Steed toed footwear, safety glasses & hearing protection, hair nets & beard nets are required in manufacturing areas.
- May experience temperature extremes based on outside temperature.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Joanie W.Project Lead
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top