- Hickory Hills, IL
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
Starting wage up to $16.44!
Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!
Summary: Safely and effectively packs finished goods and prepares product for shipment.
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack finished goods in correct configuration.
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and ensure quality product.
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic sealing machinery.
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress identification labels are present and placed in the correct position.
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for transportation.
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is highly preferred; Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential. Ability to follow standard work instructions is required.
Language Skills: English; Spanish helpful
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical calculations
Computer Skills: None
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Work Environment: Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe.
For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB1 "IND1P"
Back to top