This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Responsible for supporting the manufacturing group by operating and adjusting production equipment, minor mechanical repairs of equipment and visually inspecting product. Additional responsibilities include relief packing (as needed), ensuring adequate packing materials are on hand, general housekeeping of the work area and equipment and other duties as assigned.
Must have an outstanding work record. Position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 2-3 years related experience. Demonstrated problem solving and mechanical skills are also required. Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform all packer functions.
- Set-up, trouble-shoot and operate equipment with minimum assistance.
- Train the packers on the essentials of their jobs and provide the supervisor/group leader feedback on individual performance of individuals.
- Assist the supervisor/group leader in monitoring work assignments and productivity.
- Must understand how to correctly fill out production reports and all production related paperwork.
- Must be able to inspect product being manufactured to ensure the various visual quality parameters of the product produced are within acceptable limits, making adjustments as needed.
- Must do general housekeeping of manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure a safe, efficient and contamination free work area and equipment is maintained. This includes sweeping and mopping of the production area, wiping down the machines and removal and disposal of waste and rubbish.
- Must perform routine start-up and shutdown procedures and change packing materials from one product to another.
- Must be able to salvage and re-pack product that is either damaged or otherwise does not meet quality requirements.
- Must work closely with the material handlers to ensure that adequate supplies are “on-hand” at the end of each shift for the in-coming shift.
- Must be able to grind defective product, and must be able to keep trash and regrind separate. Must understand the difference between the various materials in the plant.
- Must be willing to work at anywhere within the plant and work overtime as needed.
- Must perform other tasks within the plant as assigned by the supervisor or group leader.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top