Operator Day Shift (A)
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Required Skills & Responsibilities
- Understand and comply with Plant General Safety Rules, Core Safety Rules, Critical Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Team Members are required to report to work in accordance with their work schedules and to complete their scheduled shifts as assigned.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude and progress through Uplift training matrix
- Operates Edmik vertical wrap equipment; changes film, clears jams in the unit and performs minor adjustments to keep units in service.
- Learn and identify machine controls, be able to learn basic troubleshooting in injection molding
- Assist cell operator when necessary to keep lines running at target rates.
- Inspect finished products to ensure that they meet the quality and packaging standards. Communicate any product quality concerns to the first available Operator, Supervisor or Manager within a timely manner.
- Must be able to write and record production results on hourly charting
- Basic math skills
- Previous experience in injection molding.
- Verbal and written communication in English or bilingual
- Manage all aspects of production cell as backup operator
- Communicate supply needs to section’s Material Handler
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills/Education Requirements
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Good verbal/written communication skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Associates are assigned a rotating schedule. Shifts are 12 hrs in length beginning at either 7am or 7pm.
- The noise level in the production areas exceed the acceptable threshold limit of 82 decibels time weighted over 12 hours. Ear Protection is required at all times on the production floor.
- The position requires constant standing, walking, pulling and reaching. Bending, twisting, stooping, stepping up and down, and lifting up to 25 lbs. are frequent. There is occasional sitting, pushing and lifting up 25 - 40 lbs.
- Temperatures range from 60 – 98 degrees Fahrenheit.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB1 #ZR "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top