Operator Associate1 DWHC Nights
- Kinston, NC
OPERATOR ASSOCIATE 1 DWHC-Nights
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Starting wage up to $15.58
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
- Reads and understands job jacket. Uses information to ensure production is run according to specifications.
- Performs machine make- ready to set it up to run proper production. Established and approved procedures for doing a make ready are available in a book which is located at each Roll Fed Cutter.
- When copy changes occur, all old copy is to be purged from the Roll Fed and as the new copy comes in operator is to check registration to make sure copy is being fed into cutter in the proper manner.
- Performs quality checks according to established procedures, this includes checking each die position at each half hour and after each stop. (Ex: patch ups, jams, etc.) Makes necessary adjustments to roll-fed cutter and other elements of the process as needed.
- Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical.
- Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem on the daily production report.
- Follows Lock Out / Tag Out procedures as well as all other Safety Guidelines.
- Keep all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
- Keeps cutter clean and free of all scrap paper, and oils machine on a daily basis following the oiling procedure as outlined in the operator’s manual.
- Directs the daily duties of subordinates and assist in the training of new employees.
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
- Stages printed rolls behind cutter. Uses air activated roll pusher to put roll into place. Follows established procedures to mount on the unwind stand and splice rolls through the splicer.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Required to stand while performing essential duties of the job.
- Ability to diagnose and correct basic machine deficiencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use and read micrometers
- Assists in lifting cylinders weighing up to 150 pounds using mechanical hoist on an occasional basis.
- Assist in lifting press rollers and stripper shells weighing up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top