Operator Associate 1-Nights
- Kinston, NC
OPERATOR ASSOCIATE 1-Nights
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
Starting wage up to $15.58
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Reads and understands job jacket. Uses information to ensure production is run according to specifications.
- Performs machine make- ready to set it up to run proper production. Established and approved procedures for doing a make ready are available in a book which is located at each Roll Fed Cutter.
- When copy changes occur, all old copy is to be purged from the Roll Fed and as the new copy comes in operator is to check registration to make sure copy is being fed into cutter in the proper manner.
- Performs quality checks according to established procedures, this includes checking each die position at each half hour and after each stop. (Ex: patch ups, jams, etc.) Makes necessary adjustments to roll-fed cutter and other elements of the process as needed.
- Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical.
- Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem on the daily production report.
- Follows Lock Out / Tag Out procedures as well as all other Safety Guidelines.
- Keep all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
- Keeps cutter clean and free of all scrap paper, and oils machine on a daily basis following the oiling procedure as outlined in the operator’s manual.
- Directs the daily duties of subordinates and assist in the training of new employees.
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
- Stages printed rolls behind cutter. Uses air activated roll pusher to put roll into place. Follows established procedures to mount on the unwind stand and splice rolls through the splicer.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Required to stand while performing essential duties of the job.
- Ability to diagnose and correct basic machine deficiencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use and read micrometers
- Assists in lifting cylinders weighing up to 150 pounds using mechanical hoist on an occasional basis.
- Assist in lifting press rollers and stripper shells weighing up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Ability to work in a team environment
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top