- Cornwall, Canada
TO BE COMPLETED BY CORPORATE HUMAN RESOURCES
POSITION TITLE: OMG Operator
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Shift Team Lead
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Concisely state the purpose and overall function of your position---the reason for your position.
To ensure the machine is in good repair and is safe to operate to manufacture the standard output in the required time and achieves our quality specifications.
DUTIES: In order of importance, describe the major tasks / responsibilities of your job. (Normally there should only be 5 to 10).
- Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place. Follow company policies and procedures, relating to safety, quality, good manufacturing practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Pack finish product in a pallet according to the shop docket.
- Follow company policies and procedures, relating to safety, quality, good manufacturing practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain daily and quality control documentation
- Verify product code, material, boxes and work order numbers with the shop floor docket
- Prepare samples for checks for quality checks
- Ensure the quality of production, if quality is poor draw issues to the mechanics and team lead.
- Threading and starting machines when needed
- Housekeeping, keep area clean and organized. Clean machine in specified areas.
- Complete production sheet and hour by hour (write down time, calculate quantity produced at end of shift)
- Keep machine running while minimizing scrap
- Perform roll changes
- Perform autonomous maintenance on the machine
- Prepare and reload labels in the labeler.
- Adjust labeler – air, levelling, laser
- Be able to start and stop the machine.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Assume you were being promoted and you were required to select your replacement.. What minimum qualifications would you look for if you were selecting someone to replace you on this position?
- Manual Dexterity
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed record keeping per the prescribed frequency
- Hand/eye coordination
- Analytical skills
- Math Skills (calculators to determine and record production data)
- Basic troubleshooting skills to resolve minor machine issues relating to its operation
- Understanding of production measurement tools such as level, etc.
- Knowledge of product quality standards
- Principles of Thermoforming machines
Describe any manual effort, visual / mental stress, or unpleasant work conditions to which you are exposed.
- Fast pace environment
- Heaving lifting may occur
- Heat during summer months could occur
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Check the minimum level of education required to perform the work of this position at a normally acceptable level of performance.
Experience: What kind of experience, and how much previous experience is required to perform this job at an acceptable level of performance?
Kind of Experience: Manufacturing
Less than 6 months prior experience.
6 months to 1 year
1 to 2 years
3 to 5 years
6 to 10 years
11 or more years
Additional duties as specified by the Production Team Lead
SIGNATURE OF JOB HOLDER: _____________________________________________ DATE: _______________
SIGNATURE OF SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: ___________________________________DATE: _______________
Verification of Effectiveness of Training
At hiring and on an annual basis the employee is to be evaluated against the skill list below. Any deficiencies are to be trained about with refreshers. Evaluation can take the format over interview, review of paperwork or onsite of activities.
1– Can operate scale understands calibration policyCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
2– Understands quality procedure and can detect issuesCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
3 – Understands Dockets and can execute instructions Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
4 – Safely stop/start machine and/or stackerCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
5 – Understand the shop floor dockets, production sheet, hour by hour sheet and roll tag
Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
6 – Verification of product and supplies (boxes, bags, labels)Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
7 – Can properly complete paperworkcapable _____ Needs Refresher________
8 –How to use a jigs, calipers and measuring devicesCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
9 – How to do a roll change and/or thread the machineCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
10 – How the product goes into the boxCapable _____ Needs Refresher________
11 –Can assemble a pallet Capable _____ Needs Refresher________
Note any deficiencies and follow up training below:
Completed by and date:_____________________________________________________________________
G:\Documents and Forms\Forms - HR\Job Descriptions\2019 with Verification of skills\Job description - OMG Operator with verification of skills.doc
Back to top