This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
OFFBEARER Job Duties:
• Picks up the required lanes of cut and printed blanks from the press delivery table.
• Jog Blanks and inspects for cutting or printing defects. Notifies operator or when defects are present.
• Stack blanks on a pallet to the required height.
• Wraps full pallet with stretch wrap and places completed load tag on the pallet.
• Moves full pallets of blanks with manual pallet jack or electric pallet jack to material handling staging area.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Assists with Make Ready on the press such as pulling cylinders, washing pumps, and changing gears.
• Assist with Machine maintenance and cleaning.
• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision such as strapping loads, emptying bins or stacking empty pallets
• JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree or 2 years related experience. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to measure to 1/16 of an inch and to convert the measurement to the appropriate decimal equivalent.
• MECHANICAL SKILLS: Ability to successfully complete the mechanical questionnaire and apply mechanical principals to efficient operation of forming equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to pile down handful of blanks weighting between 10 and 20 pounds on a consistent basis.
• Frequent bending to stack blanks on pallets.
• Required to stand while performing essential duties of the job.
• Lift and handle cutting dies and counter plates weighing up to 200 pounds with the assistance of other members of the press crew on an occasional basis.
• Lift and carry 5 gallon ink pails weighing yp to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Assists in lifting cylinders weighing up to 150 pounds using mechanical hoist on an occasional basis.
• Assist in lifting press rollers and stripper shells weighing up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
• Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
Ability to work in a team environment.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!