This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Consistently operates a zone of forming machines at or above standard levels of operation considering waste, efficiency and utilization. Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine. Provide innovative solutions for production problems.
- Picks up the required lanes of cut and printed blanks from the press delivery table.
- Jog Blanks and inspects for cutting or printing defects. Notifies operator or when defects are present.
- Stack blanks on a pallet to the required height.
- Wraps full pallet with stretch wrap and places completed load tag on the pallet.
- Moves full pallets of blanks with manual pallet jack or electric pallet jack to material handling staging area.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Assists with Make Ready on the press such as pulling cylinders, washing pumps, and changing gears.
- Assist with Machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision such as strapping loads, emptying bins or stacking empty pallets
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree or 2 years related experience. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to measure to 1/16 of an inch and to convert the measurement to the appropriate decimal equivalent.
MECHANICAL SKILLS: Ability to successfully complete the mechanical questionnaire and apply mechanical principals to efficient operation of forming equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to pile down handful of blanks weighting between 10 and 20 pounds on a consistent basis.
- Frequent bending to stack blanks on pallets.
- Required to stand while performing essential duties of the job.
- Lift and handle cutting dies and counter plates weighing up to 200 pounds with the assistance of other members of the press crew on an occasional basis.
- Lift and carry 5 gallon ink pails weighing yp to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Assists in lifting cylinders weighing up to 150 pounds using mechanical hoist on an occasional basis.
- Assist in lifting press rollers and stripper shells weighing up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Back to top