Occupational Health Nurse - Per Diem
- Conyers, GA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
Based in our Covington, GA location, this position will perform COVID-19 Risk Assessment, Preplacement Occupational Health Assessments, and provide support for all aspects of Occupational Health programs and functions for all domestic locations.
- Work within all Occupational Health Services (OHS) programs and functions to fully support Pactiv Operations, HR and EHS functions, to include coordination with Pactiv’s contracted doctor who also serves as the Medical Review Office (MRO)
- Adhere to Pactiv OHS policies and procedures, interacting on a frequent basis with Corp HR and HR & Safety Coordinators at all locations.
- Performs Risk Assessment for Pactiv’s COVID-19 Response.
- Perform Occupational Health Assessments (Fitness for Duty (FFD) evaluations, etc.) for:
- Pre-Placement employees (note - Pactiv Pre-Placement Occupational Health Assessments (PPOHAs) are performed by staff working for Pactiv’s contracted medical doctor)
- Includes review of all information obtained and pursues further assessment as appropriate. Report results of assessments as indicated.
- Complete PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) 3-Yr Vision Test program.
- Work with all local medical clinics utilized by Pactiv, to include ensuring Pactiv’s OHS policies and procedures are effectively communicated and followed with outcomes that are consistent with Pactiv expectations.
- Review and update Pactiv Job Profile/Medical Assessment (JP/MA) documentation, which specifies the specific physical requirements of each Pactiv position.
- Reasonable Accommodations - Medical Consultations:
- Reviews reasonable accommodation requests received by facility HR Reps as directed by OHS Manager.
- Consults with employee; requests & reviews medical records as directed by OHSD Manager
- Return to Work (RTW)
- Reviews RTW cases involving questionable and/or extensive accommodations
- Acts as interface between Pactiv and the employee’s Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- Coordinates required further reviews, such as Fit For Duty (FFD) Assessments or Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs) as directed by OHS Manager
- Reviews any prescription medications consistent with Pactiv’s Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Review, prepare and report all drug test (DT) results to all Pactiv sites. Records drug test results to help assist with the preparation of monthly statistics of same. Investigate and prepare documentation regarding non-negative DT results and assist with MRO process as directed by OHS Manager.
- Conduct telephonic medication reviews consistent with Pactiv’s Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- PPOHA- review red flags, determine if further assessment is needed
- Train HR reps on OHS procedures and best practices.
Education: Minimum Licensed Practical Nursing Degree/RN Preferred
1 years of general nursing experience required with at least 1 year of nursing in an
occupational setting preferred. Case management experience a plus.
Certificate / License:
- Current LPN/RN license in state of practice required.
- Certifications in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) and Case Management (CCM) preferred.
Skills & Training:
- Experienced nurse clinician familiar with triage, evaluation, treatment, and case management of work and non-work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Experience with audiometric testing, alcohol and drug testing and specimen collection, OSHA medical surveillance programs, respiratory protection, emergency response, first-aid, blood borne pathogens (BBP), and ergonomics preferred.
Good oral & written communication skills required.
Experience with Microsoft Office.
Must be organized and possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to work successfully as a team member.
Must maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #cb1 #li-tm1 "ind1p"
Back to top