National Account Manager - Emerging Chains West Coast
National Account Manager - Emerging Chains West Coast
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The National Account Manager will provide leadership and direction with high value targets in the Foodservice Emerging Chain category to maximize new sales opportunities. The main focus of this role will be to help Pactiv establish strategic points of differentiation to help drive top line sales growth for emerging Chain Restaurants. The role will also work with Convenience Store accounts . The ideal candidate will be our expert in identifying and executing against opportunities to improve the business and grow accounts in the Emerging Chain space.
Key Job Activities:
- The expectation in this role is to be in front of emerging chains in the Chain Restaurant and Convenience Store segments a minimum of 70% of the time calling on emerging chains ranked from 50 to 500 on the Technomic Top 500 list.
- Manage customers by developing deep relationships with key decision makers at all levels from the CEO down to the area managers. Individual has to be able to effectively build relationships at all levels of an organization and relationship map with Pactiv’s key team members.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Pactiv manufacturing, distribution, and the foodservice landscape.
- Responsible for building an annual sales budget, reporting weekly into the funnel. Generating Call Reports with vital information to included organization charts, key decision makers, contract timing, competitive insights and representing Pactiv competitively at industry and customer food shows.
- Prepare pre-call action plans for all accounts and execute the plan to achieve growth objectives.
- Identify sales prospects within assigned territory and targeted market segments including quickly assessing the potential and viability of the account/opportunity.
- Work with Foodservice IBP (Integrated Business Planner) personnel to prepare presentations, samples, and proposals.
- Looking for strong communicators, strong analytical skills, and the ability to challenge customers and the team.
- Strong negotiation skills, have the ability to “pre-empt” RFPs, negotiate contracts, terms and to be a good project manager in large complex bids. Looking for individuals who will be working 3-6 months ahead of RFP’s and outline the strategy to the pricing, commercial, and IBP teams prior to submission.
- Provide appropriate samples at every call as well as getting to each chain to view their current pantry list and back of house operations prior to key meetings.
- Exhibit energy, strong desire to achieve/“action-oriented”, and high dedication level. Work effectively across the organization, foster teamwork, earn trust of co-workers, and put organization above self-interests.
- DRIVE RESULTS
- EXCEED CUSTOMER AND CONSUMER EXPECTATIONS
- DRIVE CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
- ACHIEVE EXCELLENT RELATIONSHIPS
- DRIVE CHANGE AND BUSINESS STRATEGY
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA degree preferred plus a minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing Foodservice Packaging accounts, Chain Restaurant and/or Convenience Store experience preferred.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the foodservice industry with thorough experience dealing with multiple levels of stakeholders including Purchasing, R&D, Marketing, Culinary, Operations, QA, Distribution and influential franchisee’s.
- Looking for organized and thorough individuals with the ability to write strategic plans for their regions and customers. Individual must be able to execute on our “Go to Market” Strategy and position Pactiv to win in this channel in the next 12-16 months.
- Individual with a strong history of developing a growth sales plan and meeting or exceeding that plan.
- Existing customer relationships in the foodservice industry highly desirable.
- Technique and drive to secure appointments in a highly competitive environment, a “hunter”.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in combination with the ability to influence potential and current customers.
- Comfortable in developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task effectively. Ability to work independently and as a team. Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must reside in a major city/market where emerging chains region is based.
- High Proficiency in Business Warehouse, SAP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1"IND1P"#CB1
Back to top