Mooresville Hiring Event
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Provides support for the operation team by working safely to feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack finished goods in correct configuration.
- Notifies Supervisor of quality issues as they arise.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and ensure quality product.
- Consistently and safely operates machines at or above standard levels of operation including waste, quality, efficiency and utilization.
- Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
- Provide innovative solutions for production issues.
- Provides support and guidance to less experienced personnel.
*Sr. Maintenance Mechanic
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; proven electrical, mechanical, welding, tool and die, and lift truck experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue prints/schematic readings, PLC's and fabrication.
- Aid in machine recipe development and best practices.
- Audit machine set-ups.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical issues associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience servicing automated equipment preferred.
- Makes adjustments to bring product into proper specifications.
- Performs PMs on all equipment
- Rebuilds parts, pumps, motors, etc.
- Performs maintenance on lines during changeovers
- Assists production with troubleshooting equipment problems as needed.
- Responsible for changing over the process conditions on inline thermoforming extrusion lines prior to production
- Responsible for setting blending equipment to proper conditions for production runs
- Responsible for setting conditions on rimming equipment on thermoforming lines
- Responsible for troubleshooting process issues as needed during the day
- Must be able to instruct operators on proper set up of equipment during startup
- Pulling of WIP and raw material for production support.
- Receiving of production and put away.
- Pulling product and staging product for loading.
- Complete a thorough visual inspection of trailers to ensure they are in acceptable condition prior to beginning loading.
- Verification of receipts, load sheets and other required paperwork.
- Vectrax CNC knee mill experience (operate and teach) helpful but not required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily learn all tool room functions, welding, machining, and thermoforming set- ups.
- Must be able to read rule, micrometer, and calipers
- Set-up and operate all tool room equipment.
- Ability to work from verbal instruction, sketches, or blue prints.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!