Mold Maker Apprentice
- Markham, Canada
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited BODY OF DESCRIPTION Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for adherence to Pactiv safety policies, procedures, critical safety rules and participation in all require safety performance events.
- Responsible for the inspection and diagnosis of new and existing molds.
- Observes design reviews prior to manufacturing of new molds
- Conforms to the instruction of the senior mold maker in all aspects of Mold Making including setting examples of good work ethics
- Design & build jigs and fixtures as required for mold build or to improve a machining process under the direct supervision of the senior mold maker.
- Bench-work: fitting, tapping, reaming, layout, check cooling and heating circuits under the direct supervision of the senior mold maker.
- Inspect mold for fit and function under the direct supervision of the senior mold maker.
- Test all actions/systems including hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical under the direct supervision of the senior mold maker.
- Disassemble/Assemble complete molds using proper cranes and lifting devices under the direct supervision of the senior mold maker.
- Clean, inspect and verify
- Maintains all working areas in accordance with Pactiv housekeeping (5S) standards
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Engineering drawings, dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of capabilities and processes of all CNC/EDM equipment.
- Measuring metrology (use and calibration of measuring instruments)
- Knowledge of Set-up and operate support equipment, hand tools, tooling, work holding devices, lifting devices, saws, drilling, grinding, milling, turning, etc.
For more information, visit www.pactiv.com. Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top