This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION - To create, maintain, repair and install items made out of screen metal, the thin metal sheets that are used in tooling die preparation.
Screen metal workers must study blueprints or plans, take careful measurements to figure out how much material will be needed. Screen metal workers use special metal cutting and processing equipment to bend, cut and manipulate materials into the shape and size needed for the jobs. In addition, they use hand tools to finish off pieces before final installation.
In addition they will also fabricate, assemble, install, and repair screen metal products and equipment. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten screen metal; shaping metal over forms using hammer, operating soldering and welding equipment to join screen metal parts as well as inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
Screen metal workers can be generalists or work in specialized fields: fabrication, installation, maintenance, or testing/balancing.
- Dexterity: Hand-eye coordination and having nimble fingers is necessary when installing screen metal.
- Mechanical Skills: Screen metal workers use a wide-range of hand tools and equipment during installation and maintenance.
- Must have two years technical training or equivalent
- Must have two years work experience in maintenance or similar position
- Must have demonstrated good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Must be able to do basic math including multiplication and division
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work off shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Must be able to work on a call-in basis
- Must be able to train and work in South Portland Maine until process is transitioned to Georgia in early 2018.
- Must have attention to detail
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top