Mechanical - Maintenance A
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, molded-fiber packaging, and plastic film. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com. Qualified candidates will earn $24.73/hr plus other pay rules and benefits.
General job requirements:
- Safety – adhere to OSHA and Pactiv safety guidelines and practices; material handling safety; chemical safety
- Must be a solid team member with all employees.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Use mobile equipment to perform job duties including scissors lifts, man-lifts, fork trucks, pallet jacks.
- Required to work on facilities support systems such as boilers, air compressors, pumps, water and tanks.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, other rigging and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop equipment, instrumentation, welding and cutting tools.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This position requires a minimum of a high school education and 3 – 5 years industrial mechanical skills.
- Working proficiency in one or more of the following: welding, lathe, tool & die is a plus.
- Ability to enter data on a pc or tablet computer is expected.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top