- Kinston, NC
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Moves WIP loads into and out of production areas using forklift and Supplies empty pallets to Press and Padlocke
- Maintains organization of corrugate, roll and WIP storage areas ensuring product is separated by size, product or job number as appropriate.
- Removes waste and recyclables (lap waste, roll covers, core plugs, etc.) from press area.
- Performs daily forklift inspections while ensuring weekly checklist is completed.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for receipt of raw materials and enters information into SAP as appropriate.
- Supplies and stages corrugate for the Finishing Department.
- Supplies and stages rolls for the press.
- Assists OPMR in tagging and putting inks/solvents into chemical storage.
- Assist in Shipping as required.
- Load Scrap bale truck recording tags as appropriate.
- Receives and stores sundry items (shrink wrap, paper products, etc.) as required.
- Bands and wraps loads for shipment when necessary.
- Performs duties of Padlocker/Baler as required.
- Performs other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
- Knowledge of applicable machines to operate, troubleshoot and conduct minor repairs. Competency in forklift operations strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top