Material Handler Lead/Nights
- Hickory Hills, IL
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Material Handler Lead Job Description (Nights 7PM to 7AM)
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Starting wage up to $21.34!
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Summary: Safely and effectively coordinates shift materials group to ensure production is kept replenished with materials needed to run continuously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Materials Manager in meeting the facility goals.
- Assists in unloading bulk trucks as they arrive throughout shift.
- Ensures resources are properly allocated within the department to meet service, quality and productivity goals.
- Ensures that all necessary packaging are received for production as scheduled
- Receives and runs the railcar unloading pumps.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalency preferred
- 3+ years of material handler experience and previous leadership experience
- Satisfactory completion of forklift training program
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential
- Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as needed
- Computer Skills: RF Scanners; some SAP
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top