Manufacturing Unit Manager
- Hickory Hills, IL
Manufacturing Unit Manager – BP
In this role, you will work productively with an established work force. Financial acumen for data analysis of trends and tendencies, tenacity in the performance of the tasks within the role, and continuous improvement (Lean Management) are part of the requirements for this position. The position is viewed as a stepping stone to becoming a Plant Manager within our organization.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Provides leadership in the pursuit of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity goals (SQDCP).
- Leads the team for completion of safety awareness topics and works for the reduction of triggers for unsafe behaviors. Corrects safety related issues and leads investigations on safety related topics.
- Utilizes Plan, Do, Check and Adjust methodology for managing daily improvement (MDI).
- Capable of recognizing opportunities for improvement and generating a list of ideas for annual plant operational improvement.
- Utilizes lean methods (Kaizen) for process improvements and utilizes daily coaching for sustainment.
- Utilizes operational data to make informed decisions on a daily basis.
- Typically manages approximately 300 employees including: temps, hourly associates, supervisors and other managers.
- Ensures layered audits are completed as scheduled and implements countermeasures to safeguard goal attainment.
- Uses metrics for accountability to mark improvement or need for improvement.
- Effectively manages personal time for the completion of all assigned activities.
- Maintain effective workforce through hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Complete and maintain timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Provide feedback up and down the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree preferred, in Industrial Management, Engineering or Business.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Lean Methodologies or Continuous Process Improvement required.
- Experience with Injection molding manufacturing process is preferred.
- Must be results oriented with a high energy level for process and performance improvement; impatient with the status quo in the facility and willing to invest the time and effort necessary to facilitate changes.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods (FMEA, 5 WHY, Fishbone, A3) for root cause analysis problem solving and process improvement techniques (CAPA; corrective and preventive actions).
- Autonomous Maintenance and TPM experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite. SAP experience is a plus
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- Food packaging experience in a GFSI certified facility is a plus
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#LI-TM1 #CB1 "IND1P"
Back to top