Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer
24/7 high volume manufacturing site is looking for a hands-on engineer that can fix something off hours when needed, can upgrade electrical components to a better system on manufacturing and packaging equipment, and can analyze data and provide technical step changes as improvements.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Provides process engineering support and partners with Operations and RDE to maintain and continuously improve all aspects of a large and complex 24/7 plastic thermoforming manufacturing operation. Includes: New product development, process/equipment reliability and performance (OEE), cost and productivity.
- Adheres to safety, quality, and scheduling compliance.
- Supervises 1 salary technician and 2 hourly technicians.
- Effectively utilizes reliability engineering techniques to optimize safety, quality, cost and overall equipment effectiveness. Includes: Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), Root Cause Analysis and Process Failure Mode Analysis. Develops plans and implements improvements based on analytical methods.
- Develops/manages a robust TPM program for all thermoforming production lines, ancillary equipment and material conveying systems. Includes predictive, preventative and autonomous maintenance programs that are integrated into the plant’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Creates and maintains accurate engineering, maintenance, process and product specification related documentation.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Develops, scopes and implements/manages cost reduction and maintenance of business capital projects.
- Conducts detailed process capability studies, reports findings and provide recommendations.
- Develop technical training programs for maintenance associates to include operator/maintenance trainees.
- BS degree preferred, in Chemical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 4+ years engineering work in a manufacturing environment.
- Plastic extrusion process engineering or related experience in continuous manufacturing desired.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues involving equipment, process, tooling and operations required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required, electrical and control preferred.
- Work experience in a lean manufacturing environment with a demonstrated history of leading problem solving activities preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to provide and manage “on call as needed” technical support, which may include off-hours and weekends as required.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top