Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Works from specifications, blueprint drawings and layouts.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical wiring and electronic controllers is necessary.
- Repair equipment to maximum efficiencies which meet or exceed productivity improvements and waste reduction requirements.
- Perform all preventive maintenance checks as required.
- Continuously monitor equipment and communicate to supervision all equipment problems or concerns.
- Tear down; replace defective component units and parts such as bearings, motors, servo motors, PLC's, gears, electronic drives, clutches, brakes, belts, chains and electrical parts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of Maintenance experience within a manufacturing organization.
- Prior Injection Molding or Extrusion preferred.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Packaging Equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems and machinery
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should have own tools; company will provide additional specialty tools if necessary.
- Proficient with Computers is a plus.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top