Manager, State Tax
- Lake Bluff, IL
Join Reynolds Leveraged Services...a world of opportunities! Our shared services team currently has an opportunity for a State Tax Manager to be located at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
The State Tax Manager role will report to Senior State Tax Director and work with the team of tax professionals assisting in all aspects of state income tax compliance and accounting for income taxes. In addition, this role will be involved in the following:
• State income tax compliance
• State income tax research, analysis of tax law changes, and planning
• State income and franchise tax audits
• Preparation of quarterly and year-end state income tax provision
• Management of the state effective tax rate including accounting for uncertain tax positions
• Assist with Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Review state income and franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns, including apportionment work papers and other schedules to support state compliance. Ensure that the state tax returns are completed timely and accurately.
- Review and perform as necessary any state tax research and planning throughout the year, including analysis of state tax law changes and their impact on RGHL companies. Address various state tax issues and timely respond to the various business units.
- Assist with state income and franchise tax audits. Provide prompt responses to the audit information requests.
- Respond to various correspondence and notices from the states in a timely manner. Ensure compliance with the various state and local jurisdictions.
- Manage state income tax credits and incentives to ensure annual compliance requirements are met with respect to the statutory credits and negotiated incentives. Identify additional credit and incentive opportunities.
- Special projects as assigned. Provide prompt tax support to the various business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree is a plus
- Tax experience in a Big 4 firm or within a tax department of a major company with practical hands on experience. Familiarity with CorpTax and SAP a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in tax or combined experience in tax and accounting.
- Candidate should have experience with income tax accounting (FAS 109) and preparing state income tax returns.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills also are required.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines is required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interface with outside consultants required as needed.
- 5% travel
Reynolds Leveraged Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com. No recruiter calls or emails please.
Back to top