This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Purchase maintenance parts and services-taking information supplied in written and oral form from the maintenance department
- Contacting vendors to purchase materials and contract services
- Handle paperwork and data entry related to receiving materials and supplies-receiving raw materials for other departments
- Keep maintenance parts inventory current and accurate through physical handling and documentation-keep records up to date
- Pick up parts at local suppliers as needed
- Participate in the team environment of Pactiv. Help co-workers out when they are backed up.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills and data entry accuracy
- Must keep track of multiple short and long-term projects at once
- Must have a flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of how to read and follow equipment schematics, blue prints and manuals
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds, sometimes overhead
- Prior manufacturing maintenance experience preferred.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!