This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The position is responsible for all machine maintenance, including preventative maintenance, tier 1 repair of production equipment, utilities, and facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair. This position requires a strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job, including fork truck, man-lifts, and elevated work.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Technical Engineering team.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with advanced skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devises as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability read and interpret PI&D drawings are a plus.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work or welding when needed.
- Use precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments.
- Inspect all completed work and notify personal when job is complete
- Tasked with assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Able to assist in training others to bring up their skills set.
A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively communicate ideas, changes and improvement suggestions; handle multiple and diverse manufacturing tasks with minimum supervision; and the willingness to be flexible with job responsibilities.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Back to top