This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility's mechanical equipment.
- Detects and diagnoses mechanical failures, including pneumatic and hydraulic malfunctions of equipment, and repairs as necessary.
- Utilizes precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing
- nstruments mechanical equipment installation and alignment.
- Reads mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment.
- Repairs parts that require minor machine work and uses welding equipment when needed.
- Maintains housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned, including but not limited to equipment tooling and changeovers.
- HS diploma or equivalency; 3-5 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus.
- Mechanical skills to include experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to utilize hand tools for repair of mechanical systems.
- Ability to operate forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and mathematical knowledge.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a thermoforming and extrusion environment preferred.
- Welding experience desired.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top