Maintenance Mechanic - NIGHTS
- Hickory Hills, IL
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
The position is responsible for all machine maintenance, including preventative maintenance, tier 1 repair of production equipment, utilities, and facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair. This position requires a strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job, including fork truck, man-lifts, and elevated work.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Technical Engineering team.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with advanced skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devises as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability read and interpret PI&D drawings are a plus.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work or welding when needed.
- Use precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments.
- Inspect all completed work and notify personal when job is complete
- Tasked with assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Able to assist in training others to bring up their skills set.
A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively communicate ideas, changes and improvement suggestions; handle multiple and diverse manufacturing tasks with minimum supervision; and the willingness to be flexible with job responsibilities.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top