Maintenance Mechanic- Night Shift
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Works from specifications, blueprint drawings and layouts.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical wiring and electronic controllers is necessary.
- Repair equipment to maximum efficiencies which meet or exceed productivity improvements and waste reduction requirements.
- Perform all preventive maintenance checks as required.
- Continuously monitor equipment and communicate to supervision all equipment problems or concerns.
- Tear down; replace defective component units and parts such as bearings, motors, servo motors, PLC's, gears, electronic drives, clutches, brakes, belts, chains and electrical parts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of Maintenance experience within a manufacturing organization.
- Prior Thermoforming or Extrusion preferred.
- Electrical Certification required.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Packaging Equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems and machinery
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should have own tools; company will provide additional specialty tools if necessary.
- Proficient with Computers is a plus.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top