Maintenance Mechanic 12 Hour Nights
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Mechanic is responsible for the repair, troubleshooting and servicing of all equipment. The specific duties are to include but are not limited to the repair and preventive maintenance of Thermoforming machines and all auxiliary equipment related the department. This includes all electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic areas of equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Outstanding work record. Must have 5+ years experience in maintenance, preferably in manufacturing. Must be able to read (blueprints) with comprehension and application and, perform math functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform all preventative maintenance on machinery and auxiliary equipment as required and as delegated by Manager.
- Rebuild all machine parts as necessary and installs as needed.
- Perform prep work, set up and installation of new equipment.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is operating properly during his / her shift.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic blueprints and sketches.
- Must be to read and use the following tools: ruler, micrometer, calipers, and assorted hand tools. These work tools are all associated with the repair and maintenance work.
- Must be able to read with comprehension, repair manuals for machinery.
- Perform designs, fabrications, weld and burn with torch as needed.
- Need some basic lathe and milling machine experience. Required for some repairs done on machines and equipment.
- Ensure that proper lock-out / tag-out procedures are adhered to while performing work on machines or equipment.
- Assure all areas around equipment are safe and keep work area clean and organized at all times.
- Must have overall mechanical knowledge in all facets of manufacturing operations and equipment to ensure operations run efficiently and smoothly.
- Most routine tasks are performed while standing or walking or sitting.
- Reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling are constantly present while performing job duties.
- Frequently turning body from 0 to a maximum of 180 degrees.
- Good eyesight is essential for constant inspection of product. Seeing both near and far, color vision and depths of field are all required. Vision corrected with glasses or contact lenses is acceptable.
- Frequent walking is required. Distance can be over 500 feet.
- Frequent climbing stairs to our parts supplies.
- Occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or talking may be required.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- Pushing and pulling is occasionally required.
- Controls required include hands/arms (both) and feet/legs (both).
- Environment includes inside work 100%, teamwork 100%, can be near or close to others, The production floor can be in excess of 95 degrees during the summer months.
- Vibration can occasionally be present from product shakers or grinders.
- There is a mild plastic smell at all times. Occasional smell of battery fluid during battery changes on the lift.
- Personal Protective Equipment required includes safety glasses and gloves, hearing protection and proper footwear, hair nets are required out on production floor and warehouse.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top