Maintenance Mechanic 12 Hour Nights
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
This position is responsible for the installation, set up, maintenance and repair of all equipment related to plant operations, services and facilities. Incumbent works closely with the Maintenance Coordinator, Unit Manager, production associates and other maintenance team members to provide technical support to meet production goals, ensure a safe work environment and meet customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility's mechanical equipment.
- Detects and diagnoses mechanical failures, including pneumatic and hydraulic malfunctions of equipment, and repairs as necessary.
- Utilizes precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments mechanical equipment installation and alignment.
- Reads mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment.
- Repairs parts that require minor machine work and uses welding equipment when needed.
- Maintains housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned, including but not limited to equipment tooling and changeovers.
- HS diploma or equivalency; 3-5 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus.
- Mechanical skills to include experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to utilize hand tools for repair of mechanical systems.
- Ability to operate forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and mathematical knowledge.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a thermoforming and extrusion environment preferred.
- Welding experience desired.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Back to top