This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. The Team Leader will be required to perform other job duties as assigned. Provides leadership functions, train and develop individuals. Maintains repairs, installs and/or modifies various electrical equipment associated with production lines, support equipment, buildings or facilities at Bedford Park. Provides mechanical maintenance support as needed to the facility.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to)
- Trains and develops new maintenance personnel including cross-training personnel.
- Creates preventative maintenance scheduling
- Creates standard troubleshooting tasks for all machines
- Maintains, repairs, modifies and installs electrical equipment such as motors, transformers, generators, controls, instruments, cooling and heating equipment, lift trucks, and lighting/sound systems on or associated with production lines of the manufacturing area.
- Troubleshoot and repair worn or broken mechanical components (i.e. bearings, shafts, sprockets, gears, etc.)
- Performs periodic inspections of production lines, facilities and support equipment to diagnose, locate and repair defects.
- Assemble and disassemble production lines and support equipment for repairs and installations.
- Troubleshoots, identifies and repairs faulty circuits or equipment in minimal time required to safely fix malfunctions.
- Replaces units such as wiring, fuses, circuit breakers, coils or switches performing necessary mechanical maintenance for such replacement.
- Inspect equipment and perform preventative maintenance (i.e. lubrication, filter changes, etc).
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads and installs conduit for wires running to outlets, panels, boxes, controls or instrumentation.
- Adjusts equipment controls and checks and adjusts instruments used in calibration or measurements.
- Uses and maintains a variety of hand tools, test lamps, ammeters, volt-ohm meters, and oscilloscopes in testing electrical equipment and wiring; uses shop machines.
- Interacts with other functional groups as required to obtain operational support.
- Provides electrical and mechanical training and assistance to work team personnel.
- Works with other team members on all aspects of the job.
- Works with operators regarding schedules, process changes, special instructions, operational, quality or maintenance problems.
- Participates in the team environment of Pactiv. Helps co-workers out when they are backed up, or offers assistance when their line goes down.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to, lockout/tagout procedures.
- Demonstrates the proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts investigations on safety incidents (Accidents, Fires, Spills, Near Misses) and notifies management of all safety incidents.
- Handles personnel issues, documenting all issues, and handles conflicts between employees. Recommends necessary disciplinary actions to Maintenance Manager or Technical Manager.
- Supports Lean and PBS (Pactiv Business System).
- Knowledge of SAP, required for purchasing.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Connection for tracking and performing work orders. Including maintenance records.
- 5 years Prior industry manufacturing electrical and mechanical experience required.
- 2 years Technical Electrical training required as collegiate level
- Knowledge of how to read and follow equipment schematics, blue prints, specifications and building plans and manuals required.
- Must have good theoretical and applied knowledge of electrical theory and production line control, instrumentation and basic process.
- Previous maintenance experience with extrusion.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull over 50 pounds. Must be able to lift objects up to 15 pounds overhead.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Back to top