This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Provide Corporate Maintenance on-site and remote support, training, and oversight to Pactiv’s forty (40) North American manufacturing plants with the ultimate objective of maximizing production volume while ensuring employee safety, product quality, and achieving cost targets.
Must become highly proficient with Maintenance Connection, which is Pactiv’s computerized maintenance computer system (CMMS). Responsible to develop and provide detailed training programs for all qualified plant personnel in the proper set-up, implementation, and routine use of Maintenance Connection to enable the effective management of all plant facility, production equipment, and tooling assets. Targeted trainees include plant managers, technical managers, maintenance managers, maintenance supervisors, maintenance planners, maintenance technicians, maintenance hourly employees, process engineers, process technicians, and production personnel.
Maintenance Connection set-up and training is completed through the email dissemination of power point training documents, remote webinar training seminars, and on-site training sessions during scheduled Maintenance Connection launches at individual Pactiv plants. Also required to provide on-going technical support to plant operations as required.
Maintenance Connection set-up and training curriculum consists of the following:
- Setting up asset trees for all plant facilities, production equipment, and tooling. Requires working with plant resources to capture all relevant information during asset creation including OEM, model number, specifications, warranty information, OEM instructions, and OEM preventive maintenance requirements.
- Working with the plants to identify all Maintenance Connection users and then setting them up with Corporate IT with appropriate access rights.
- Working with the plants to develop and implement maintenance related key performance indicators (KPIs) for the effective management of plant assets and maintenance resources.
- Training plant personnel to manage preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance work order flow.
- Working with the plants to develop and implement standardized and custom reporting functionality.
- Training plant engineering and maintenance personnel to analyze equipment performance through mean time between failure reports.
Corporate Maintenance oversight roles and responsibilities:
- Maintenance Connection Super user administration rights with software access and oversight responsibilities for all forty (40) manufacturing plants. Includes working with Reynolds Leveraged Services IT department and Help desk to resolve reported user issues in addition to Maintenance Connection’s technical support team.
- Routinely reviews and audits individual plant Maintenance Connection KPIs to verify compliance to established standards and maintenance related performance.
- Assists Pactiv’s Corporate Project Engineering team with new asset set-up in each plant’s Maintenance Connection asset tree and maintenance related data analysis to drive continuous improvement across similar equipment platforms.
- Effectively utilizes reliability and maintenance engineering techniques to support safety, quality, schedule compliance, cost, and overall equipment effectiveness improvements in Pactiv’s plants. Includes proactive, preventative, and predictive maintenance programs in addition to process failure mode and effects analysis, mean time between failure (MTBF), and root cause analysis. Develops, plans, and implements improvements with plant teams based on analytical methods.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste in Pactiv’s plants.
- Reports out weekly to Corporate Maintenance Director on completed work, project updates, and planned activities.
- BS degree in manufacturing, mechanical, or electrical engineering is required.
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering or maintenance experience working with industrial production and/or support equipment such as compressed air, vacuum, chilled, and/or tower water systems is required.
- 2+ years of experience working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system such as SAP, Oracle, etc. is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) such as Maintenance Connection, MP2, Emaint, etc. is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a lean manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills including verbal, written, and remote digital (email, Skype, etc.) is required.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as MS Excel and/or a CMMS to properly manage manufacturing equipment assets and identify improvement opportunities.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple work assignments/projects concurrently from inception through completion.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 "IND1P"
Back to top